News - Doug Cauthen Thoroughbred Management, LLC
Dialed in #1 Freshman Sire of 2016
Posted on 11.25.2016 | DCTM
DCTM bought and syndicated Dialed in, placing over 75% of the shares in hands of his clients.
- Leading First-Crop sire with $1.3 million in progeny earnings, 16 individual winners: Led by brilliant $1 million Delta Jackpot [G3] & Saratoga Special S. [G2] winner GUNNEVERA and multiple black type winner RUFFENUFF
- 2016 sales: Yearlings include $260,000 colt at FTNAUG; 2YOs include $200,000 filly at OBS April and $160,000 filly & $160,000 colt at OBS March; $130,000 colt at KEESEP
- First yearlings sold for $270,000 – highest by a freshman sire at F-T July, $175,000, $170,000, $140,000, $130,000, etc.
- Grade 1 Winner of $941,936 – One of the most Highly-Regarded 3YOs of 2011
- Won the $1 million Florida Derby [G1] over Shackleford [G1], To Honor and Serve [G1], Stay Thirsty [G1], Soldat [G2], etc.
- Won the $400,000 Holy Bull [G3] in just his second start, soundly defeating Mucho Macho Man [G1]
- An early Derby favorite after eye-catching debut 2yo win at Churchill en route to starting his career 3-for-3
- $475,000 Select yearling at Saratoga: “Dialed In was a beautifully balanced yearling, and he still is great looking. That’s why he was our catalog cover horse in 2011.”—Bill Graves, Fasig-Tipton
- By A.P. Indy’s only Horse of the Year, Mineshaft, Out of triple stakes-producer Miss Doolittle (by Storm Cat); 2nd dam is Eclipse Award-winning 2YO and Breeders’ Cup Champion Eliza
- No. 1 Freshman Sire by ROI at F-T July – $134,500 Avg. – 18x stud fee
- Covered over 300 mares from 2014-2016
Recent DCTM News